Contacting Amazon.com support — where is that number?
More and more, companies are hiding their support phone numbers behind layers and layers of web pages. They simply don’t want you to call in. They seem to think that their automated systems are so bulletproof that there is no need ever to talk to a human being. Well, Amazon has taken this to the extreme. Amazon is now so hands off, even their Amazon Web Services site has no sales phone number. As if the automated signup and sales process is so fool-proof that you won’t fall into any kind of trap… what a joke! So, the question begs, how the heck are you supposed to ask questions about their services or about charges on your cards? Clearly, a company can’t do business like this long term. Customer Service is everything and hiding your support people behind layers of web pages is so completely counter to sales and support, I don’t understand how these companies even stay in business.
So, what are consumers to do except get more and more frustrated? Instead of getting frustrated, this article is here to expose these hard-to-find phone numbers for all to see and use.
Amazon’s Customer Service line:
- 1-866-216-1072 (they can transfer you to other departments, just ask)
- International customers can reach us at 1-206-266-2992. Charges may apply.
- For AWS subscribers, call the above number and politely ask to be transferred to the AWS support team since there is no direct number for AWS.
- Keep in mind that you will need a paid phone support contract with AWS to talk to a representative.
- 866-903-3229 — Note, they require one-time use pin codes or press # if you don’t have it. It will likely expedite your call to set pincode up from the link. You’ll need to login to do this.
- 1-888-221-1161 — Note, need to login and set up one time-use pin code, but you may be able to skip this step when calling without one. It will probably expedite your call if you set one up.
- 1-888-BEST-BUY (1-888-237-8289)
- International: +1-408-350-1484
- Sales/Customer Service Fax: 1-408-487-4700
- Email: email@example.com
- 1-866-716-0414 — Note, might be faster if you use the express code from your account
- 1-866-REDBOX3 (1-866-733-2693)
- 1-877-485-8411 (For Hulu Plus Subscribers)
- No Contract Plans / General: 1-888-322-1122
- Broadband2Go: 1-877-877-8443
- Assurance Wireless: 1-888-321-5880
- Online Banking: 1-800-956-4442
I’ll add more as I find them. Of course, if you find any new numbers that need to be here, feel free to comment. If any of these stop working, please comment as well.