Recipe: Spicy Fusion Tuna Salad
In an effort to find lower calorie alternatives, I’m always trying things in the kitchen. Well, here’s another recipe I’ve come up with that I personally think is quite tasty. If you like somewhat sweet and hot salads, this one will fill that void for you.
Spicy Fusion Tuna Salad
- 1 can drained very low sodium tuna
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup chopped Japanese cucumber (regular cucumber will work too)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup diced pickled Japanese radish
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons Tuong ot toi (chili garlic hot sauce)
- 10 drops stevia liquid (or one dry packet)
- 10 drops Sweet n Low liquid (or one dry packet)
- 1/4 teaspoon black sesame seeds
Drain the tuna, place into bowl and flake with fork until it’s more or less shredded. Add all of the ingredients except sesame seeds and sweetener into a bowl and mix. You may want to add more mustard if you prefer your salad with thicker dressing. Add less if you prefer it more dry. I prefer it slightly less wet. You can add more or less hot sauce to taste. You can also add a pinch of salt and pepper if you prefer. Once mixed, add sweetener and mix in.
Once the salad is fully mixed, place atop rice crackers, saltines, toast or eat it just as it is. Top with black sesame seeds. This will make enough salad for one person as a meal or split it between two people with other side dishes.